PPI Code of Professional Practice
I, having been accepted into the Professional Photographers International (The PPI), do hereby subscribe without reservation to the Code of Professional Practice, and do solemnly sear that:
1. I acknowledge that I am bound by the PPI Code of Professional Practice and
I recognize the authority of the PPI Board (IARB) in all matters relating to
the interpretation and enforcement of this code, and understand that failure
to comply with this code can result in termination of my accreditation and
that a decision to do so is final and conclusive.
2. During the last six years I have not had any complaints laid against me in
any court or consumer complaints tribunal which have not been properly
disposed of in my favour.
3. I will not use any practice, which violates any Federal or State statute
or any decision of a Federal or State court.
4. I agree to use my best efforts to properly act in an ethical and
professional manner befitting a recognized professional.
5. I consent to allowing the PPI to communicate with me on all matters by my
nominated email address or my studio address (if any).
6. I shall at all times present myself and my imaging services, in such
manner as will uphold and dignify my professional status and the reputation of
7. I will observe the highest standard of honesty in all transactions,
avoiding the use of false, inaccurate and misleading terms, descriptions and
8. I will reveal all material facts; avoid concealment of information and
refrain from the use of innuendoes in advertising and selling that might cause
consumers to be misled, so that the truth about services of products may be
fully understood. I will provide a complete and comprehensive written price
list outlining my services and products prior to undertaking any photographic
9. I will advertise and sell the merits of my services and products honestly
and undertake only assignments that my firm or I can reasonably expect to
complete with professional competence.
10. I acknowledge that I will not in any way copy the content and work of any
another photographer or photographer's website, marketing material, and
intellectual property without their express written permission.
11. I will deal with the public with honesty and integrity. I shall exercise
reasonable skill, care and diligence in the discharge of my duties, giving
full consideration to the requirements of the client.
12. I acknowledge that, in whatever capacity I am engaged I shall act in a
just and faithful manner towards clients, employers, and employees; towards
others with which my work is connected.
13. I acknowledge that, I will not divulge any confidential information
acquired during the course of my professional duties to any party.
14. I will assist my fellow photographers, share my knowledge with them and
encourage them individually and collectively to achieve and maintain the
highest standards of quality.
15. I acknowledge that I will always treat every photographer and committees
and judges of the PPI with the highest level of respect in all areas of
16. I acknowledge that I will not use social media or any other form of public
and electronic communication to:
17. I acknowledge that I shall not belittle or denigrate the work or
reputation of another photographer and that I will not engage in malicious or
deliberately inaccurate criticism of the reputation or work of another.
- - Bring the PPI into disrepute
- - Denigrate or abuse a fellow photographer of the PPI, a past or current client or a member
of the general public
- - Attempt to influence the outcome of a PPI compliance process by soliciting support for a position
18. I acknowledge that as an accredited photographer of the PPI, I will adhere
to the PPI Anti-Bullying Policy and that I will not engage in any form of
bullying or anti-social behaviour towards any photographers and staff of the PPI, and towards the PPI itself. I recognize that my verbal, and written
communications, including, but not limited to my use of social media, could
constitute bullying if used and interpreted in an aggressive, intimidatory and
This could include:
- - Aggressive or intimidating conduct
- - Belittling or humiliating comments
- - Spreading malicious rumours
- - Teasing or practical jokes
- - Intentional exclusion from PPI-related events
- - Displaying offensive material
- - Pressure to behave in an inappropriate manner
- - Unreasonable volunteer expectations, including too much or too little work, or work below or beyond a volunteer's skill level
- - Threatening social media exposure to force a point of view or opinion disputing awards scores
- - Criticism of an accreditation judge or volunteer outside the official process
- - Badgering to force a view or opinion
19. I acknowledge that every client entering into a contract with a PPI
accredited photographer is entitled to receive a copy of this Code of
Please download the document in PDF: PPI Code of Professional Practice